.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Friday, November 04, 2005

Ciabatta



Ever since Sheri helped me with marbled rye, I've been on a bread mission. My first solo attempt was the multgrain extraordinaire, and I need to make that again because it's excellent toasted for sandwiches. Then I made focaccia, which Gary and I both loved. I decided that I like the book that it came from, so I should try some other recipes.

I buy the ciabatta from Central Market regularly. It's deliciously chewy and full of holes. I had no idea whether I'd be able to recreate it or not, especially with my limited bread baking experience.

The recipe was easy to follow, and the bread is very good. Not as good as Central Market's but I'm willing to keep trying and see what happens.
p.s. This would make an excellent Big Tomato Sandwich!

2 Comments:

At 11/04/2005 5:49 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

I think that book needs to go on my wish list. It looks really tasty and I'm imagining it slathered with The Garlic Butter and toasted perfectly. Mmmm.

 
At 11/05/2005 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it looks yummy! and after tomorrow, we will be experts at rolls - well maybe not experts - but better!
cheryl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home