.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Monday, October 24, 2005

Yogurt Cake




Chocolate & Zucchini is a very popular food web log and one of the first I ever read. Clothilde recently posted about a simple cake that French children learn when they begin baking, called Gateau au Yaourt.

This cake couldn't be any easier. It's lovely but unpretentious. I like it for breakfast or for afternoon snack with coffee, tea or hot cocoa. If you wanted to dress it up, you could serve it with berries and whipped cream. I love that it's nice and small, not a ridiculously rich, large cake to have around the house for days on end when there are only two of us.

5 Comments:

At 10/24/2005 2:05 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Looks kind of like bread!

 
At 10/24/2005 2:56 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Really? Then it must just be my poor photography skills, because in the kitchen it looks exactly like unfrosted yellow layer cake.

 
At 10/24/2005 6:24 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

You don't have poor photography skills!

 
At 10/26/2005 11:02 PM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

It's definitely something I'm going to try tomorrow night...after I make chicken roullades for dinner (mini me all around tomorrow!)

 
At 10/27/2005 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for reviewing (and baking) this cake! I missed it on Clotilde's site, and I enjoyed your rendition. I will defintely try this one.

Your other recipes look yummy too! I will be back. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home