.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Monday, October 17, 2005

Sweet Black Pepper Fish



I am such a copy cat. First Anna, now Sheri (again!). When I saw this on Pork Cracklins, it sounded exactly like a dinner I'd like to have. And it's really good! Gary and I both loved it.

  • Sweet Black Pepper Fish (Cooking Light, January 2004)
Sweet Black Pepper Fish
1/2 c. water, divided
3 T. sugar
2 1/2 T. Thai fish sauce
3 T. minced fresh lemongrass
1 T. minced fresh garlic
1 t. freshly ground black pepper
1 c. coarsely chopped green onions
4 (6 oz.) halibut fillets
1 T. chopped fresh cilantro

Combine 1/4 c. water, sugar and fish sauce in a large nonstick skillet; bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Add lemongrass, garlic and pepper. Cook 1 1/2 minutes or until slightly reduced. Add 1/4 c. water, onions and fish, and cook over medium-high heat 7 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning once. Sprinkle with cilantro.


2 Comments:

At 10/17/2005 9:07 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Cooking Light tends to do well with seafood dishes, have you noticed that? I really liked this one too.

 
At 10/19/2005 12:21 PM, Blogger Cookie Madness said...

Beautiful! Yet another dish that makes me wish I liked seafood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home