.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Chocolate Banana Swirl Cake



What to do with over-ripe bananas? Make banana bread, of course.

Or not.

At the last minute, I decided to make a coffee cake from one of Fine Cooking's baking issues. The banana batter is divided in half and melted chocolate is added to one of the bowls. Except I didn't do a very good job of estimating "half" and it seemed like I had way too much chocolate banana batter and not enough plain banana. Fortunately, in the exact place that I cut it for the picture, it's not as noticable.

The cake is super moist and yummy. And the article says it's even better the next day. Sweet!

  • Chocolate Banana Swirl Cake (Fine Cooking #54, p. 44)

5 Comments:

At 10/04/2005 11:45 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

That looks so tasty. I think I should buy some bananas just so they can be overripe and I can make this.

 
At 10/05/2005 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't see the picture....why oh why? j

 
At 10/05/2005 1:40 PM, Blogger Amy said...

I think my photo-hosting site is having a problem. Try again later.

 
At 10/05/2005 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Amy. Is this a fast, easy cake? I need to make a cake today!
--Kelly

 
At 6/06/2008 9:29 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

Can this be modified into a banana bread recipe?? If so you should enter it in this banana bread contest:

http://thenewstayathomemom.com/moist-banana-bread-recipe-contest

The prize is a $50 Sur La Table giftcard. There aren't very many people that have entered the contest either, so it would be pretty easy to win!

I could do the wrong thing, and enter it myself, but that would be bad karma!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home