.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Cinnamon Buns




Last night I set up nearly everything to make cinnamon buns. So this morning it wasn't hard at all. Well, other than the fact that I can't multiply when I'm fully awake, much less when I'm half asleep. "Honey, if 1 tablespoon of butter is 14 grams, what's 6 times that?" Guess I could have measured that last night, too.

The recipe suggests a 9" round nonstick cake pan. I don't own a nonstick one, so I took the precaution of lining the bottom with parchment paper, and still had nightmares of the buns hopelessly glued to the pan by the filling. Thankfully that was just a bad dream, because they came right out, with no problem.

These are delicious. Absolutely delicious.

  • Quick and Easy Cinnamon Buns (Cook's Illustrated #56, p. 22-23)

4 Comments:

At 10/02/2005 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, do you have to tempt me so much? You know cinnamon is good for diabetics right? LOL

Those look delicious.

Love you,
Mom

 
At 10/02/2005 6:14 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

I woke up this morning, and there weren't any cinnamon buns waiting for me. Those look sooo good! Especially the creamy top.

 
At 10/05/2006 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would you be willing to share the recipe for the Cinnamon Buns? I don't have much luck with yeast rolls....oh, the memories!

 
At 10/06/2006 11:11 AM, Blogger Amy said...

It's too long & complicated to post, but you could go to the Cook's Illustrated website and see if it's there or if you can order that issue of the magazine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home