.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Fastest Fudge Cake



Our dear friend Jay is here. It was fun to cook for him, but it made me miss Sheri.

The mushrooms got rave reviews from Jay and Gary. I picked the recipe because they aren't stuffed with bread crumbs. I thought the prosciutto and parmesan made them a little salty, but they were definitely good. Jay loved his salad and salmon. That made me happy.

I wouldn't call this a fudge cake. It's chocolate cake. It's not fabulous, but considering how fast and easy it is to make, it is good. I love that for a cake, it's small, which is nice when you're only two or three people. The recipe says that the full amount of ganache leaves plenty leftover that you can use as sauce for ice cream or another dessert. I made a half recipe of it and it was just the right amount.

  • Baked Mushrooms with Sage, Parmesan & Prosciutto (Best of Fine Cooking, 101 Quick & Delicious Recipes 2003)
  • Spinach, White Bean and Bacon Salad with Maple-Mustard Dressing (Cooking Light, March 2003) & Grilled Salmon
  • Fastest Fudge Cake (Fine Cooking #61, p. 18E)
  • 2001 Forchini Proprietor's Reserve Estate Grown Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley)

2 Comments:

At 9/19/2005 11:45 AM, Blogger Sheri said...

I don't remember those mushrooms. But I'll bet Larry would like them. And the salmon, too.

 
At 9/21/2005 11:13 PM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

mmmmmm....chocolate cake.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home