.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Rustic Fruit Tart



I made a blueberry tart on the fourth of July, but ever since I visited Sheri, I've been meaning to make another using my new silicone mat from Sur La Table to roll it out.

The recipe says that the dough for the crust can be made up to four days ahead, and I decided to have it ready so that I could finish it on Saturday. As things turned out, I wasn't able to, but I finally felt like it yesterday. Then neither Gary nor I was hungry for it for dessert last night. I did have some for breakfast this morning and it's yummy. I can't imagine that Katie doesn't care for the crust. It's the best part! The turbinado sugar is so crunchy and delicious, I probably wouldn't care what kind of fruit is in the middle. But for the record, it's Braeburn apples this time.

4 Comments:

At 8/24/2005 4:06 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Gorgeous picture. I agree with you about the crust.

 
At 8/28/2005 10:45 PM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

Okay! Fine...I'll try it again and give the crust another try:P

 
At 9/27/2005 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, your website is interesting since I also make many of FC recipes. I thought the galette crust was just OK. I think my regular all-butter pie crust does just as well.

I knew before I even clicked on the silicone mat that it had to be the same one I had recently purchased. I'm loving it. It definitely saves on plastic wrap which I used to use to roll out my doughs.

 
At 9/27/2005 8:45 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Thanks for visiting, toni d, and I hope you comment again. I love Fine Cooking, and cook from it a lot too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home