.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Friday, August 26, 2005

Snickerdoodle Cookies



The first snickerdoodles I remember ever tasting were at Helmet Starzacker's house. I don't know for sure if that's how his name is spelled. He was either a friend, or co-worker, or both of Dad's. His wife made them. I don't remember her name at all. I have a very poor memory in general. Anyway, I thought it was one of the best cookies I had ever had and I've liked snickerdoodles ever since.

I am keeping some for myself (and Gary), but taking some over to Jay and Julia tomorrow for having been so nice to me last weekend.

  • Snickerdoodle Cookies (Fine Cooking # 68, p.86D)

7 Comments:

At 8/26/2005 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if i am nice to you will you make me cookies? :-) j

 
At 8/27/2005 12:35 AM, Blogger Sheri said...

Lucky Jay and Julia!

 
At 8/28/2005 11:04 PM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

Snickerdoodles are so delicious! These look really good, nice pic.

 
At 9/03/2005 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe it was Helmut and Carol. They lived in Roswell. Very nice couple. I remember seeing and talking to him at David and Ashley's wedding.

Yes, the cookies are good. I can attest to that.

 
At 9/03/2005 11:36 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Thanks, Mom!!

 
At 1/03/2006 7:14 AM, Blogger s'kat said...

I have to admit that I'm now a convert!

 
At 1/13/2006 11:48 AM, Blogger Cookie Madness said...

Wow, those snickerdoodles look a lot like mine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home