.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Monday, October 31, 2005

Culinary Confessions

Food bloggers aka "floggers" (including Amy Sherman and David Lebovitz) are posting their culinary confessions and I've heard that confession is good for the soul, so...

I'm too full for dessert after dinner. I like dessert for breakfast. With coffee.

I never met a cheese I didn't like. And I think US laws regarding fresh milk cheeses are ridiculous.

I don't steel my knives every time I use them.

I wash mushrooms and they don't get water-logged.

I don't wash chicken. I firmly believe that it only spreads salmonella and other nasty bacteria. Cooking is the way to kill it.

I eat raw cookie dough and cake batter.

I don't eat naked eggs. They must be disguised with copious amounts of cheese, or even onions, peppers, mushrooms or other costumes. The yolk and the white must be mixed, as in omelets, souffles, etc. Jiggly whites are... gross.

I like to drink a glass of wine or two while I cook dinner.

I don't want to order my drink until I've decided what to order to eat.

I have a largely unfulfilled fetish for dinner plates and table linens.

I like brussel sprouts, rutabaga and other odoriferous vegetables.

I don't understand the fuss about pumpkin pie.

I like the edges and crispy parts. Ergo, they are cook's prerogative.

8 Comments:

At 10/31/2005 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how funny, i learned three of these things last night....and you are not supposed to wash mushrooms??? ...j

 
At 10/31/2005 4:32 PM, Blogger Amy Sherman said...

I totally agree about pumpkin pie, even the very best one is still, well, just pumkpin pie.

 
At 11/01/2005 10:34 AM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

That's funny! I am on your page for most of those things...including the glass of wine or two while making dinner:D

 
At 11/01/2005 1:48 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

I like raw potatoes.

 
At 11/01/2005 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i won't touch raw hamburger meat...does that count? j

 
At 11/01/2005 10:54 PM, Blogger Cate said...

I totally agree on the unnatural obsession with table linens and things ... and with a brand new TJ Maxx only a few miles from our house, that's not going to help!

 
At 11/02/2005 8:00 PM, Blogger Cookie Madness said...

Ditto to just about all of your confessions -- except for cheese. I've never met a goat cheese I liked. Blech.

 
At 11/03/2005 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally agree about ridiculous cheese laws...raw milk or unpasteurized or some such nonsense. Please. The French do it and they are FINE!

And eggs. Couldn't choke 'em down without copious amounts of cheese...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home