.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Candied Lemon Peel




After Sheri took me to the Cheese Board Collective, Cheryl loaned me the cookbook. One recipe that I've been wanting to try is "Just Lemon Scones", which calls for candied lemon peel. I thought they might have it at Central Market, where I get the yummy candied ginger, but no such luck. I considered ordering some from King Arthur, but it seems a bit foolish when the shipping fee is nearly twice as much as the item I'd be ordering!

So, I looked at a few recipes, and chose the one in the charter issue of Cook's Illustrated. All the recipes were similar, but this one makes wider, thicker peels, which I decided might be nice because I can always mince or julienne them later. This recipe simmers them longer, too.

I've nibbled on a few pieces and it's oddly addictive. I need to put them away so I'll have some left to make the scones with.

  • Candied Lemon Peel (Cook's Illustrated Charter Issue, p. 3)

1 Comments:

At 11/02/2005 6:43 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

I really love candied lemon peel! I should make it more often - good way to use up those lemons in my backyard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home