.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Farmer's Wife's Pecan Cookies



Eric and I went to Half Price Books on Monday and I scored a brand spanking new copy of Maida Heatter's Cookies for $7.99!

First I tagged a whole bunch of recipes, and then I cross-referenced with a great blog that I read every week, "my little kitchen". Finally, I asked Gary to pick the first batch for me to bake. He just wanted cookies and didn't seem to have much preference, so he blindly chose a tagged page. It happens to be one of Cathy's Cookie Panel's Top Ten!

There were other things I should have done this afternoon, but I baked cookies instead. They are very quick to make. Some of my pecan halves on top ended up wompyjong after the dough spread, and I think I'd leave them off next time, because the chopped pecans in the dough seem like plenty to me. The cookies are thin and crisp, and a little chewy too.

I think The Farmer's Wife's Pecan Cookies are great! I wonder what my "tasting panel "will have to say? It's going to be hard to top the reaction I got when I made Nancy Baggett's brownies the other day after reading about them on Cookie Madness. It's so unfair to compare. These are great cookies!

3 Comments:

At 7/21/2006 5:17 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

They sound tasty! I agree about the pecan on the top, I think I'd leave it off too.

 
At 8/03/2006 12:30 PM, Blogger Cookie Madness said...

YOU FINALLY UPDATED YOUR BLOG!

Yay!!

(sorry about the all-caps)

 
At 10/25/2006 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you have good book luck. I am stuck scrounging for recipes off of the internet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home