.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Chicken Paprikas



I've had Chicken Paprikas marked "to-do" in Fine Cooking #43 for a long time. Apparently Sheri has too, so Sunday night seemed like the perfect time to make it happen. I liked it a lot, and Gary ate it, but it turns out he's not eager to have it again.

The cucumber salad was excellent. Shayla was our special guest at dinner, and as she said, it's very refreshing. Gary especially loved it. We used fresh dill from Boggy Creek Farm and tiny local cucumbers that we got from Sunset Valley Farmer's Market. We also had Gratineed Red Potatoes with Chives from Fine Cooking #70, using freshly dug potatoes! In fact, Sheri took lots of great pictures that morning, and I'll try to post more of them soon.

2 Comments:

At 4/25/2006 4:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I haven't seen the fine cooking version of the recipe, but I do highly recommend June Meyer's if you wanted to make it again. I would also add that it really is best served with homemade noodles or dumplings to be coated with all the yummy sauce. Chicken Paprikás is probably my ultimate comfort food, owing to my Hungarian grandfather. Like him, I often go to bed thinking about breakfast, and wake up thinking about what to have for dinner.

 
At 4/25/2006 4:43 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Thanks, Mike!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home