.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Dungeness Crab



My dad is here from my hometown of Marietta, Georgia. Of course much of our visiting revolves around food, and today was no exception. After an excellent lunch at Chuys, we took a leisurely tour of Central Market. I especially wanted him to meet my favorite fishmonger, Mario. Wouldn't you know it... Mario was off today.

They had some beautiful seafood, especially some gorgeous halibut for *gasp* $18.99 a pound. Dad was attracted to the Dungeness crab, and at a much more reasonable $6.99 a pound, we decided to get this one to share as an appetizer while we cooked dinner tonight. It was excellent - sweet and delicious.

4 Comments:

At 3/28/2006 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, that's one halibut! Oh what crab fun!

 
At 3/29/2006 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow,I had no idea halibut was so expensive.I don't eat it.So,how did you do the crab?

 
At 3/30/2006 3:58 PM, Blogger Kay said...

Halibut is in the high point of it's season...you'd think it would more plentiful & less expensive! Oh well, I'm sure the crab was delicious. I think I need to go see Mario for something yummy for the weekend.

 
At 11/30/2006 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey just found a great place if you are looking for Dungeness Crab. We bought some from them and it was really tasty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home