.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Sour Cream Coffee Cake



I thought I was finished with my baking spree. I'm blaming it on all the adorable little pans I keep finding. This newest one came from World Market, and it was just too cute to resist. It's 6.5" and holds 4.5 cups of batter.

Here's a starter recipe. Even though it's a little early for my afternoon snack, I gave it a try and it's quite good.

Sour Cream Coffee Cake
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 T. brown sugar
2 T. finely chopped pecans

1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt

1 stick butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray your darling little new pan with flour-added nonstick spray.

In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon, brown sugar and chopped pecans. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, sour cream and vanilla, blending well. Stir in the flour mixture in two additions, blending completely, but being careful not to overmix.

Spoon half of the batter into the pan. Sprinkle with the filling mixture and cover with remaining batter.

Bake until a toothpick tests clean, approximately 45-50 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, and then turn out onto a cake plate to cool completely. Dust lightly with powdered sugar.

4 Comments:

At 2/26/2006 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh- that is so pretty and yummy looking. i wish i had a sweet tooth! and a desire to bake! :-)
cheryl

 
At 2/26/2006 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh,that sounds so good.
Emily
http://madmommychronicles.typepad.com/biscuits_and_blues

 
At 3/02/2006 10:19 PM, Blogger Cate said...

I love the mini pans; wish I could find some here. :)

 
At 3/03/2006 7:13 AM, Blogger Amy said...

sweetnicks, if you really want some, I'd be happy to mail some to you. drop me an email at amysoelzer at hotmail dot com.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home