.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

More Basic Bread



Another bread experiment. I used this Basic Bread recipe, but substituted one cup of rye flour for a cup of the bread flour. The other thing I wanted to experiment with is these short cylinder loaves. I SWEAR I divided this dough in half, yet one loaf is clearly bigger than the other. They're a little wompy-jong, too. I need to keep practicing.

It tastes terrific, though. Excellent crust, excellent crumb, mild earthy flavor.

4 Comments:

At 2/15/2006 3:59 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

You are becoming a master at bread baking! It looks terrific.

 
At 2/15/2006 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm, could I please have the end piece? lol

 
At 2/15/2006 10:48 PM, Blogger Cookie Madness said...

They look great to me.

 
At 2/16/2006 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yummy! and pretty!
cheryl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home