.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Basic Bread



Today I used Pam Anderson's "Master Recipe for Basic Bread" from the 1992 charter issue of Cook's Illustrated. (Hint: if you are searching for a link about this very famous cookbook author so that you can add it to your blog, don't simply type "Pam Anderson" into Google. The first 4,920,000 Pam Andersons you'll get back are the wrong one.)

Oh wow. For such an easy bread, it's really good! I'd like to make it again, substituting a little bit of whole wheat flour from some of the bread flour, as described in the recipe sidebar. I'll work on my slashing technique, too. But all in all, I'm quite pleased with myself today.

2 Comments:

At 1/12/2006 3:32 PM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

You certainly are getting to be quite the bread maker Amy, they all look so good!

 
At 1/14/2006 8:59 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Amy,

That's gorgeous!

I haven't been by here in a while. I need to change that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home