.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Friday, December 23, 2005

Christmas Trees



I really should not be allowed to make cut-out cookies. This I know from experience. And yet I tried again. At one point I was posting frustrated messages to Anna, looking for support, not sure if I wanted to scream or cry. Some stuck to my silicon rolling mat. Some I rolled too thin. Some I rolled too thick. Some morphed into blobs while they baked. A few turned out fine. When the whole batch was done, I had a small freezer bag of cookies to decorate and a large bag on which I wrote "less pretty trees". Gary and Doris ate those.

I looked everywhere for Decorator's Icing for Little Hands, but to no avail. I procrastinated decorating as long as possible. Today I finally enlisted Gary's help and he was much better at maintaining steady pressure to outline them. After the outlines were set, I filled them in, and after that set, I played with stars.

I like the most whimsical stars the best.

5 Comments:

At 12/23/2005 12:09 PM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

Before I read the entire post, I said to myself "those stars are so whimsical-looking", I think they look beautiful:)

 
At 12/23/2005 1:07 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Thanks, Katie! Merry Christmas!

 
At 12/23/2005 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think they look great! julie would be so proud of you for baking!
cheryl

 
At 12/25/2005 6:29 PM, Blogger Cookie Madness said...

Wow! They look gorgeous!!

BTW. Did you try Randall's?

 
At 1/06/2006 8:20 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

I think they look wonderful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home