.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Double Ginger Crackles



The best so far!

I'm biased of course, because I love Everything Ginger. When I was at Sheri's, she let me polish off the last of her ginger gelato. The time before that, she sent me home with a suitcase full of Ginger Altoids. I nibble on crystallized ginger as candy.

Regardless of my bias, these cookies are truly awesome. Slightly crisp on the bottom, chewy in the middle, nice sugar crust.

  • Double Ginger Crackles (Fine Cooking #75, p. 45)

5 Comments:

At 12/03/2005 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those look so good! I love ginger, and I really like those ginger altoids. But every time I offer somebody one -- and if they are actually willing to try it -- they end up spitting it out. I guess not everyone loves ginger as much as I do.
--Kelly

 
At 12/03/2005 11:23 PM, Blogger Cookie Madness said...

Amy, you'll have to try the Newman's Own Ginger Sandwiches too. They are so good!

 
At 12/04/2005 10:51 AM, Blogger Sheri said...

My friend Scott was looking here, and has requested these!

 
At 12/15/2005 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm..., well.., uh..., wow! What a surprise! Okay, so, I get a box in the mail today from an Amy. I think to myself, "Who's that? Do I know an Amy?" Then I see the return address is in Austin, TX. Ah, could this be Sheri's friend, the one that also has a cooking blog website? Well, I open the box and what did I see? Ginger cookies! So nicely wrapped. Wow! Ginger cookies for me? That was such a surprise, a huge surprise. Very nice and very tho'tful. Oh man, they are delicious! Oo, the ginger has a second kick. Oh yeah, these are good. I feel like eating them all at one sitting. I will restrain myself. Thank you. Mmm. Thank you very much.

 
At 12/15/2005 10:08 PM, Blogger Amy said...

You're very welcome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home