.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Blogging By Mail



Cathy at My Little Kitchen arranged a pen pal type swap for food lovers and bloggers. I sent a package to Mare, and Katherine at ToastPoint sent a package to me! It arrived just before I left to visit family for Thanksgiving. I opened it right away of course, but I didn't get a chance to update Not As Good As Pork Cracklins.

It was so fun to tear into the box and see what might be in it. Katherine wrote a lovely note in a book for me to keep recipes and clippings in. She explained a special project that I can't wait to try at Christmas!

She shared her mother's family recipe for Onion Relish, made with paprika and included a lovely jar of it to eat with roasted chicken or bbq. There is a huge box of homemade fudge (yum!), some dried chiles, cinnamon sticks and nutmeg. I can't wait to taste the almonds in rosemary honey; that just sounds delicious. I also got the food sections from the Washington Post and New York Times.

Thank you, Katherine!

7 Comments:

At 11/29/2005 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the special project is so cute. what are the eyes? carrots? j

 
At 11/29/2005 11:27 AM, Blogger Sheri said...

Hmph.

 
At 11/29/2005 11:56 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Hi Jill, the instructions that Katherine sent to me shows ripe olive slices. But my guess is that part of what makes it fun and special is that you do it slightly different every time. You should definitely give it a try with the boys!

 
At 11/29/2005 1:41 PM, Blogger Katherine said...

Glad you liked the box, Amy. The eyes, for those who are interested, were Skittles this year--Amy, you've caught the spirit of experimentation perfectly.

 
At 11/29/2005 7:48 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

I finally followed all the links! You sent our chef hat photo? How sweet! I love that photo. <3

 
At 11/30/2005 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

skittles....i was thinking along the lines of veggies....that's cool! j

 
At 11/30/2005 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, how fun! welcome home!
cheryl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home