.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Monday, November 07, 2005

Chicken with Tarragon & Vermouth




Tarragon is one of my favorite herbs, but I don't have many recipes that use it. Sadly, I didn't like the last one I made. I think I figured out that I like it best added at the very end, not cooked for long.

However, Sheri and I made this recipe together once in her kitchen and I've made it several times since. I love it and could eat it over and over again. It's from an article called "Chicken in a Flash", and it has several different recipes based on slicing boneless, skinless breasts on angle and searing the pieces. They cook quickly and stay very moist and tender. The sauce is fabulous and demands bread to soak it all up.

  • Chicken with Tarragon & Vermouth (Fine Cooking #63, p. 42)

5 Comments:

At 11/08/2005 6:05 PM, Blogger Cookie Madness said...

I don't think I've eaten anything with tarragon in, oh, 10 years at least. I like it, but just never think to use it. Maybe we should spark a tarragon revival.

Can't wait to hear your report on the Taft Street Pinot Noir!

 
At 11/12/2005 7:57 AM, Blogger Rachael Narins said...

If you live near a Trader Joes, their jarred cornichon are HEAVY with tarragon. Its like eating a tarragon pickle.

This recipe looks awesome!

 
At 11/15/2005 6:25 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Yeah, IF you live near a Trader Joe's. You should move next door. :)

 
At 11/23/2005 9:20 AM, Blogger Kay said...

My mouth is watering. I'm going to have to find a recipe and try this out. The last time I had tarragon was in a shrimp dish at a Central Market cooking school. They added it near the end of the cooking time, too. It was strong enough but not overpowering in it's flavor. Mmmmmm!

 
At 11/26/2005 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy!!!

I just came home to a very nice surprise - thank you so much for the lovely package. I'll definitely be trying the Razzpotle sauce soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home