.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Friday, December 02, 2005

Pecan Sables



More cookies for the freezer!

When I grow up, I want to be just like Anna and Sheri. They are both inspirational to me.

These are nice, sandy textured cookies. Mine are a little large; I didn't have a 2-inch cutter, so my yield was lower, although there are more than what is shown in the picture.

I also accidentally rolled the first half too thin. I cooked that batch a little less to make up for it. The only one I've tasted is a thin one and I think they're just fine, although I think the thicker ones are a little prettier. But they're all pretty!

2 Comments:

At 12/02/2005 10:48 AM, Blogger Cookie Madness said...

They are gorgeous! How do you like the texture and taste?

 
At 12/02/2005 11:27 AM, Blogger Amy said...

The texture is perfect! They are very good cookies!

I forgot to mention that I "guessed" on the amount of salt, because the lead-in to the recipe recommends sea salt, but it seemed to me that the recipe itself was measuring table salt. I used less than 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home