.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Pasta



There are so many good Fine Cooking recipes to choose from that I'm not sure if I would have I chosen this, except for the fact that my friend Sara made it and raved about it. Well, that and the fact that I hadn't yet cooked anything from the most recent issue. So I bought hot Italian sausage from Central Market and made a half recipe.

I have to say I am impressed with the sausage. It isn't greasy at all and it has just the right amount of heat. I used a few of my smoke-dried tomatoes from Boggy Creek Farm along with some plain old sun-dried tomatoes. This pasta has a lot of flavor going on and it all works. It works really, really well.

  • Pasta with Sausage, Olives, Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Cream (Fine Cooking #76, p.56)

2 Comments:

At 12/13/2005 10:25 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Yours looks just like the one on the cover!

 
At 3/26/2021 12:47 AM, Blogger shanali5050 said...

Rinsing rice before cooking removes much of the starch, thereby reducing the extent to which individual grains will stick together.  For more info see rice variety in pakistan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home