.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Oatmeal Cookie Bars



Christmas cookie freezing continues. Today's criteria were: must be a bar cookie, oatmeal preferred because I was given a huge canister, no nuts because Gerwe doesn't eat nuts, and since I haven't made anything chocolate, chocolate would be nice. I used dark, because that's what I like.

When Anna from Cookie Madness made these, she chopped up some purloined Halloween candy to go on top. Since I don't have a small child to steal from, mine are naked. I tend not to mix a lot of flavors anyway. Several years ago, Eric and I were discussing "mix-ins" with Amy Miller (she's remarried now, but I can't think of her new last name) and I told her I'm boring, I like plain flavors. "No, you're not!" she insisted. "You're a purist!" That sounds better.

Back to cookies. Somehow I missed the "and floured" part of the "greased and floured" instructions. And missed the pan size swap, so my whole recipe went into an 8x8 pan. Actually, I'm glad, because they didn't end up being too thick at all. They could use a little salt.

4 Comments:

At 12/11/2005 5:29 PM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

Wow Amy, those look yummy! I agree with you...purist is the way. Each time I've tried recipes calling for all sorts of mix-ins it just turns out to be a schizo-mouth experience.

 
At 12/20/2005 11:40 AM, Blogger Cookie Madness said...

Hi Honey, I'm home!

Just kidding....but we are back. Thanks for looking at my poor, lonely blog while I was away.

Looks like you've been baking like a maniac this week. Good for you! I need to catch up.

So you actually met the famous Amy of Amy's ice cream? Wow!

 
At 6/22/2021 4:36 AM, Blogger Food said...

Thanks for informative post. I am pleased sure this post has helped me save many hours of browsing other similar posts just to find what I was looking for. Just I want to say: Thank you! organic basmati white rice I agree with your thought. Useful information shared. I am very happy to read this article. Thanks for giving us nice info. Fantastic walk-through. I appreciate this post.

 
At 10/07/2021 2:09 AM, Blogger Agriculture said...

Organic Brown Basmati Rice is a whole grain food, with only the inedible outer hull of the organic rice kernel removed, retaining the bran and germ and thus its many nutrients.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home