.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Chicken Stuffed with Prosciutto & Fontina



Another excellent method from Fine Cooking! The article is about stuffing large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, how to bread them, brown them and then they finish in the oven. These would be brilliant for entertaining, because you stuff and bread them up to 3 hours ahead.

The article includes a couple of stuffing suggestions and this one was really good. For even more flavor, you can add some dijon mustard (which I did) to the egg when you flour, egg wash and coat in breadcrumbs. You could also put herbs in the breadcrumbmbs (which I did not).

The chicken breasts are ginormous to make it easier to stuff them. So neither Gary nor I could finish one, and I'm looking forward to leftovers. Yum.

  • Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Prosciutto & Fontina (Fine Cooking #69, p. 61-63)
  • Mushroom Saute' (Fine Cooking #69, p. 65)

1 Comments:

At 12/15/2005 5:13 PM, Blogger Ziz said...

oh. my. Proscuitto and Fontina - two of my favorite things! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home