.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Wild Rice Pilaf

Gary requested salmon for dinner and I flipped through some issues of Fine Cooking for side dish inspiration. I decided on this pilaf, because I happened to have dried apricots in the pantry and pine nuts in the freezer.

At dinner, he made a special point of saying several times how good the rice was. It's the same rice I always buy (Lundberg Country Wild, "a wild blend of gourmet brown rice"), I just don't usually make a pilaf and I don't usually add fruit and nuts. I guess I will from now on! I think I'll try it with dried cranberries and pecans, too.

  • Wild Rice Pilaf with Dried Apricots & Pine Nuts (Fine Cooking #20, p. 40-41)

3 Comments:

At 12/17/2005 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The rice sounds good. I think I might enjoy the cranberries and pecans. I have been craving cranberries lately. Mom

 
At 12/20/2005 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the real question is - did you peek at the rice?! if so, shame on you! :-)
cheryl

 
At 11/02/2020 1:34 AM, Blogger hadikhan said...

Useful information shared. I got good information to read this article, thanks for giving us nice info. Fantastic walk-through. I appreciate this post.
Organic Arborio White Rice

 

Post a Comment

<< Home