.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Friday, December 16, 2005

"Brick-Roasted" Chicken Breasts

Recently, Cheryl and I had out Andrea Immer's "Everyday Dining with Wine" and it made me think that I should cook from it more often. Then again, I think that about a lot of my cookbooks.

This recipe is similar to Fine Cooking's Chicken Under a Brick, which I made back in February and we loved. That chicken is marinated and this is brined. That's a whole, partially deboned chicken, this is bone-on breast with skin.

It's wonderful! I highly recommend it. The only thing I would do differently next time is to either preheat my cast iron skillet in the oven for longer than the recipe recommended (5 minutes) or do it stove-top (as the FC recipe does).

Andrea recommended a Zinfandel, and since it's everyday dining, and since we had a Rosenblum Vintner's Cuvee on hand, that's what we drank. What a nice dinner! Sorry no photo; the batteries died just as I went to take the picture.

3 Comments:

At 12/17/2005 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how was the wine? even though they often score high - i usually don't care for Rosenblum - strange I know.
cheryl

 
At 12/22/2005 8:11 PM, Blogger Cookie Madness said...

Rosenblum is one of my favorite inexpensive Zinfandels.

Also, that book is the only Andrea Immer book I do NOT own. I need to buy it. She is so nice. I met her at a Central Market class where she talked about wine pairing and actually did all the cooking for the dishes she paired.

 
At 1/06/2006 8:14 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

I don't like all Rosenblum Zins, but there are some that I absolutely love. Big and jammy.

I was going to make a snide comment about how I don't have that book, but then I checked and I do have it!

I'm marking this recipe. It sounds excellent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home