.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Roasted Broccoli



I usually steam broccoli, and Gary and I both like it, but I'll admit that it's sort of ho-hum. I've roasted cauliflower before, but this is the first time I've roasted broccoli. I'd use less olive oil than the recipe recommends. And I'm not sure how much the cheese added, but it doesn't matter because it was very good, it's just that I'd be willing to try it without it. I'd also be willing to try a couple of other broccoli recipes in the same article.

The chicken is a multiple repeat. I debated whether we even needed bread, because the chicken is floured, but I thought it would be nice to have something to soak up the yummy sauce. For some reason, the ciabatta wasn't quite as open and airy as last time, but I still love it.

  • Roasted Broccoli with Lemon and Pecorino (Fine Cooking #76, p.49)
  • Chicken Marsala with Pancetta & Cream (Fine Cooking #42, p.90)
  • Ciabatta (No Need To Knead, p.49-51)

3 Comments:

At 1/06/2006 8:27 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

I love that chicken too. And I agree, broccoli is best roasted. As are most vegetables (coming from a veggie hater).

 
At 1/09/2006 11:34 AM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

Yes, I also agree that broccoli is best roasted. It's my preferred method for most veggies. Brings out their natural nutty sweet goodness! Yum:)

 
At 2/13/2006 7:17 PM, Blogger eat stuff said...

I like broccolini chargrilled too esp in a noodle salad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home