.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Year's Eve Appetizers





The tuna was perfectly seared and delicious, but the salsa was boring. Next time I'd do something with wasabi on top. Or maybe a squiggle of Razzpotle from a squeeze bottle.

The terrine was okay, but I bought a pre-sliced baguette at Whole Foods and it was stale. If I had had time, I would have grilled it and that would have made a huge difference.

A disappointing way to end cooking in 2005.


  • Seared Tuna with Tropical Salsa (Fine Cooking #69, p. 90c)
  • Goat Cheese, Pesto & Sun-Dried Tomato Terrine (Fine Cooking #61, p. 98c)

3 Comments:

At 1/01/2006 1:00 PM, Blogger Cookie Madness said...

Looks like you went all out!

 
At 1/03/2006 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought they were both very yummy! The tuna was most excellent.

 
At 1/06/2006 8:22 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

I'm scared of terrines.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home