.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Chicken Marsala



You have to trust me when I say that most of the meals that I don't post about are slightly more healthy than many of the ones I do post about.

I made this back in November. We loved it then and we loved it tonight. And I love the fact that I have everything I need in the house. Yes, I keep a half pint of cream in the refrigerator. Sometimes it goes bad before I use it, but not often. Heavy cream is usually ultra-pastuerized and stays fresh for weeks if you check the date when you buy it. It only costs about a dollar. Definitely worth having around. A bottle of Marsala lasts forever on the refrigerator door and it's good in pasta sauce too. And I always have a bag of IQF (individually quick frozen) boneless, skinless chicken breasts in freezer.
  • Chicken Marsala (Fine Cooking #42, p. 90)
  • Sourdough Bread with Sauteed Garlic Butter (Fine Cooking #43, p. 49)

4 Comments:

At 2/24/2005 2:49 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Funny, my staples also include heavy cream and IQF chicken breasts.

I thought I made this before, but I don't see it on Pork Cracklins. If I have, it was over a year and a half ago. Your photo is lovely!

 
At 2/25/2005 12:28 AM, Blogger Sheri said...

And... is that an ALL-CLAD pan in the photo???? :)

 
At 2/25/2005 9:26 AM, Blogger Amy said...

You have so many pretty serving dishes, bowls and platters. Your grandmother's, I'm guessing?

 
At 2/25/2005 10:05 AM, Blogger Sheri said...

Nope! Just random stuff I've picked up. The All-Clad comment was a compliment. :)

I forgot to ask if you liked my new red bowl from the fennel pasta entry. On sale at Crate & Barrel outlet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home