.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Valentine Cookies

Bridge is at our house tonight. I don't play, but I usually "help" Gary make dinner and snacks. He almost always suggests brownies. I thought Valentine Cookies would be more fun.

I'm not a baker, but this dough seemed fairly easy to roll. Didn't give me any trouble.

This is a nice healthy soup with butternut squash and kale. I used tiny pasta shells instead of potato. Unfortunately, it was the most bland thing I have ever tasted. I kept trying to "fix" it. I added a can of stewed tomatoes, and that helped, but not enough. Then I added some homemade chicken stock that I had in the freezer. That helped a lot, but this still isn't a recipe I'd ever make again.
  • Autumn Minestrone (Moosewood Restaurant Daily Special)
  • Sourdough Bread with Sauteed Garlic Butter (Fine Cooking #43, p. 49)
  • Mixed Greens with Honey Balsamic Viniagrette
  • Cutout Cookies (Fine Cooking #68, p. 8)

1 Comments:

At 2/13/2005 3:55 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

I have a bunch of the Moosewood cookbooks but I never cook from them. Too bad the soup didn't turn out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home