.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Fusilli with Fresh Spinach & Ricotta

It was a toss up between this and Fettucine with Creamy Sage Sauce on the same page of the magazine. This won out so that I could use the last of the spinach that Sheri and I got at Boggy Creek Farm. It would be awesome to always use fresh, organic produce. But, alas, I do not. And I could just kick myself for not getting over there early yesterday. Click on "seasonal report" to see what they have right now.

This pasta is another Lydia Bastianich recipe. I tend to like her food. What I love about Gary is that he will eat anything I cook and be truly appreciative of it! But I suspect this is more of an Amy-dish, than a Gary-dish. Why I am making it in the dead of winter is beyond me, as it would be absolutely perfect in summer time.

I planned on having an Italian white, but Central Market had a huge display of the Monkey Bay, and I already know I like it, so I got a bottle. Not a perfect match, but good enough.

The camera's batteries were dead, dammit. And I burned the hell out of my tongue testing the pasta :-)

2 Comments:

At 1/30/2005 10:50 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

I can't believe you skipped out on creamy sage sauce! Creamy? Sage? YUM! I should have cooked tonight.

I had so much fun at Boggy Creek! And I loved the Monkey Bay. I need to add a note to Pork Cracklins on it.

 
At 1/31/2005 5:59 AM, Blogger Amy said...

I was hardly skipping out on cream, dear girl. The title may be "ricotta", but the ingredients are 1/2 ricotta, 1/2 cream!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home