.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Zuni Roast Chicken with Bread Salad

Sheri has had the Zuni Cafe cookbook for a quite a while, but didn't make the roasted chicken, because, come on, it's just roasted chicken. Then she made it, and absolutely raved about it. It's not "just" roasted chicken. So, of course, I wanted her to show me how to do it.

She's right. Between this and the FC butterflied chicken technique, there is no reason to roast a chicken any other way. Even if you were making chicken with a pan sauce and some potatoes, this is thetechnique to use.

I wish I'd taken a picture of the plated chicken with the bread salad, because it was beautiful. And delicious. It's tossed with the pan drippings and it is definitely the sort of thing that you can't keep from picking at with your fingers.
  • Zuni Roast Chicken with Bread Salad (The Zuni Cafe Cookbook, p. 342)
  • Renwood 2001 Grandpere Zinfandel (Amador County, California)

1 Comments:

At 1/22/2005 11:36 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Dinner tonight was fabulous. We cook so well together! The chicken was really beautiful, much better in cast iron than in my All Clad. I'm using cast iron from now on. Your pan sauces were tastier and more plentiful than when I made this the first time.

My original photo of the chicken is here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home