.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Monday, January 03, 2005

Portobello Mushrooms with Pappardelle

Except that I used fettucine, because I wanted to use fresh pasta but I didn't want to make it myself and that's what I could get. It's not quite as wide as pappardelle, but close enough.

Fellow-foodie Cheryl recommended this recipe. I love this it. I love everything I've ever made from this cookbook. I wish I would remember to cook from it more often.
  • Portobello Mushrooms with Fettucine (Vegetarian Cooking For Everyone, Deborah Madison, p. 458)
  • Sourdough bread with Sauteed Garlic Butter (Fine Cooking #43, p. 49)
  • Arugula & grape tomatoes with balsamic vinegar

4 Comments:

At 1/03/2005 7:05 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

This totally sounds like something I'd make. Except for the mushroom part, of course! I love that garlic bread. I could live on it.

How mushroom-y was it? I don't mind the flavor, it's mostly the texture that I don't like. That, and it's FUNGUS. :)

 
At 1/03/2005 7:23 PM, Blogger Amy said...

How mushroom-y was it? oh PUHleez! The title is "Portobello Mushrooms with Pappardelle". You are so not making this :-)

 
At 1/03/2005 10:35 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Meh. But I want to make whatever you make!

 
At 1/04/2005 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love that book, glad you enjoyed it as much as i did. try the sauted spinach with the golden raisens - it is yummylishous (as my adorable little nephew would say!)
cheryl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home