.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Spicy Capellini

My dear friend Sheri gave me a huge stack of back issues of Fine Cooking magazines! I am having so much fun reading them from cover to cover. Tonight's dinner is EXCELLENT!

Warning: This is not a low fat recipe. In the notes, the author says "don't give into the temptation to drain the bacon before adding the onions". What, are you kidding? What could be better than onions browned in bacon fat?? I confess, I did drain a little of the fat off afterward, before adding the pepperoncini and tomatoes. And I'm glad I did. It has great bacon flavor, perfect amount of spice, simply yummy all the way around.
  • Lidia Bastianich's Capellini Capricciosi (Spicy Cappelini), (Fine Cooking #24, p. 98)
  • Sourdough bread with Sauteed Garlic Butter (Fine Cooking #43, p. 49)
  • 1999 Ruffino Chianti Classico Riserva Ducale

2 Comments:

At 12/30/2004 8:32 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

I can't remember this recipe!

I was looking at a recipe from Staff Meals today, for tortellini with a tomato cream sauce. It sounds really yummy - but FOUR CUPS of cream for four servings? Yikes!

 
At 1/04/2005 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a score!
cheryl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home