.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Butternut Squash Soup

This is lighter than the Winter Squash Soup from Thanksgiving. No cream, although cream would be a lovely addition. It is supposed to be served with Sage and Parmesan Croutons, but I haven't made them yet and not sure if I will.

I used my immersion blender this time. I think the real blender might have done a better job, but I'm not sure. I added quite a bit more chicken stock at the end, because it was too much like squash puree and not enough like squash soup. That diluted the flavor a little, but it's still good in my opinion.

I ate 2 bowls and I'm freezing several containers to pull out for my lunches. Gary isn't as crazy about winter squash as I am, so why waste it on him? Now that I think about it, his folks love it. Maybe I'll send some over.
  • Butternut Squash Soup with Sage and Parmesan Croutons (Real Simple Magazine, December 2004-January 2005, p. 330)

2 Comments:

At 12/08/2004 4:13 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

This sounds nice - I'll bet the sage croutons are a good addition.

I think the blender is best for soups, but it's such a pain to move it all from the soup pot to the blender and back.

 
At 12/08/2004 4:22 PM, Blogger Amy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home