.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Friday, November 12, 2004

Pan Fried Corvino with Remoulade

Another fish demo by Dottie. Or is it Dotty? I need to pay attention next time. I was at Central Market on Wednesday and she was serving "corvino". It was excellent, as all of her fish demo's are. It was dredged in 1/2 panko and 1/2 Sonata Seasonings "Sassy Pepper Seasoning", pan fried and served with Central Market's prepared Remoulade. Not exactly low fat, but lovely. Too bad I wasn't cooking dinner Wednesday.

I went back to Central Market today, and she wasn't there, which is always disappointing to me. Alas, the corvino was $8.99/lb. on Wednesday and $10.99 today. The increase didn't stop me. (Dottie must do wonders for the profitability of CM's fish department.)

I didn't even know what "corvino" was. I did a search on Google and found out that it's the national fish of Peru, it comes up on several sites for Costa Rica, it's often used in ceviche, and it's a type of sea bass. Don't go comparing it to Chilean Sea Bass though, because my best description would be a cross between snapper and grouper.
  • Pan Fried Corvino with Remoulade
  • Steamed broccoli
  • Grape tomatoes

1 Comments:

At 11/12/2004 7:00 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

That sounds excellent - I need to watch for Corvino to be in the store now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home