.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Bridge Party

When it's Gary's turn to host his Bridge Party, sometimes I try to have a dinner prepared that he can serve without much trouble. Last time, I was at Buffalo Springs, but I had made a Raspberry Linzer Torte ahead of time, and I had shown him how to assemble a Big Tomato Sandwich (Deborah Madison).

This time he requested the yummy grilled chicken sandwiches from Cooking Light. And I made some super-easy cherry tartlets that I assemble from store bought ingredients. The're darling and they're delicious. Although I didn't do quite as good a job of crimping the sides of a couple of them: more filling oozed out than usual.

  • Grilled Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Sandwichees with Fontina Cheese (Cooking Light Cover Recipe, June 2004)
  • Mixed Greens with Grape Tomatoes and Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
  • Cherry Tartlets and vanilla ice cream

4 Comments:

At 10/24/2004 10:15 AM, Blogger Sheri said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10/24/2004 12:42 PM, Blogger Amy said...

I could have sworn you'd made those sandwiches. You used jarred peppers, just like the recipe says, but I roasted mine. Are you sure you haven't made them?

For the tartlet thingies, I use Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust. Cut each circle into four quadrants. Brush the edges of each quadrant with egg white. Put a spoonful-ish of canned cherry pie filling off-center of each quadrant. Fold over and crimp edges with a fork. Brush tops with egg white and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Cut 3 slits width-wise as vents. Bake on parchment paper at 375 for 20 or so minutes, until golden. Cool on rack.

 
At 10/24/2004 1:19 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

You're right, I have made those sandwiches! I need to make them again, before Larry gets on my case for not using my Panini machine again.

The pre-made crust: PHOs? The tarts sound really good. You're so creative that way!

 
At 10/24/2004 1:27 PM, Blogger Amy said...

ha ha I feed other people PHO, I just don't eat it myself! How hypocritical is that??

Sorry I accidentally deleted your earlier post. I think Blogspot should give me some sort of "are you sure?" message before I do that. Sorry. I'm still learning Blogspot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home