.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Zucchini Frittata

I am the most boring person in the world. I was reading someone else's food blog and she said she never makes the same recipe twice.

Hello? If it's a recipe I like, I make it over and over and over again. I like Deborah Madison's Zucchini Frittata. This time I made one of the variations, adding pesto in place of the herbs and cheese. I also used a tip from my favorite food blog, Pork Cracklins: I substituted Egg Beaters (1 cup) for some of the eggs. I couldn't tell from the finished product. What a great idea. It would never have occurred to me. Duh.

I found the most adorable skinny baby carrots with tops attached at Central Market. I had to buy them.
  • Zucchini Frittata (Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone, Deborah Madison, pp. 574-575)
  • Carrots glazed with rosemary, butter, and apricot jam
  • CM whole wheat rolls

3 Comments:

At 11/03/2004 8:44 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

You are not boring!

I think Egg Beaters are okay as long as you use some real egg in with it. I'm glad you liked the idea!

I still need to make this. Your carrots sound really yummy. I like glazed carrots.

 
At 11/04/2004 7:36 AM, Blogger Amy said...

You're not allowed to make this. You don't like zucchini!

 
At 11/04/2004 10:21 AM, Blogger Sheri said...

But maybe I'll like zucchini in the frittata?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home