.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Cream Sauce

I love when Dottie is cooking in the fish department at Central Market Westgate. A lot of times she's using one of the Sonata Seasoning mixes from Colorado Spice. She never goes by the directions on the backs of the packages, but I swear, everything she makes is super-yummy.

She wasn't there on Sunday and some guy was cooking in her place! He was cooking salmon with a cream sauce made with Tomato Basil & Chipotle Sonata Seasoning. I love cream sauces. I just love them. But even I have my limits. I thought the cream was too rich with the richness of the salmon. Just as I was thinking that, I overheard him telling another customer that it was also be great with chicken or pasta.

I sprinkled boneless chicken breast with the seasoning before I grilled them. I used a smallish spoonful of it in a 1/2 cup of cream, which I simmered until thick to make the sauce. OMG. Gary and I both loved it. I can't wait to put it over pasta.

  • Grilled chicken with Tomato Basil & Chipotle cream sauce
  • Steamed broccoli
  • Whole wheat rolls

1 Comments:

At 10/28/2004 2:45 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

YUM! That sounds so good. I've never seen those seasonings. I think it would be excellent over pasta also.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home