.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Friday, November 26, 2004

Thanksgiving Dinner

I made the soup, muffins, cranberries, haricots verts and sweet potatoes. The haricots verts were especially good this time. I used tarragon and it was excellent. I put the sweet potatoes in a casserole dish this time, instead of back into their jackets. They had just the right amount of chipotle, not too hot, but definitely there.

I assigned the turkey to Mike (Gary's brother-in-law). I assigned the dressing to Coyla and Gail (Gary's aunt and cousin), but I did the prep and watched them assemble it because I wanted to see their recipe in action. Mom Doris brought pumpkin pies. I meant to make cherry turnovers and completely forgot.
  • Winter Squash Soup with Gruyere Croutons (Bon Appétit December 1996)
  • Roasted Turkey
  • Bread Dressing
  • Corn Muffins
  • Haricots Verts with Herb Shallot Butter
  • Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes with Chipotle Chile (Fine Cooking #67, p. 49)
  • Whole Cranberry Sauce

2 Comments:

At 11/26/2004 10:37 AM, Blogger Sheri said...

Yum, I wish I could have been there! You were so smart to assign dishes to people. It sounds like a yummy meal.

 
At 2/28/2007 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home