.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Double Chocolate Layer Cake

For Gary's 50th birthday.

I don't have 10" cake pans, so I went to buy some. It started to rain bucket-loads, then hail, and another shopper saw a funnel cloud. The store didn't have 10" pans. I thought it was a sign to head home.

9" pans work fine. I used the extra batter to make 6 cupcakes. The cake does NOT taste like coffee. It tastes like very very rich chocolate. It's amazingly moist. Kim isn't even a cake eater and I couldn't keep his hands off of it.

The ganache is delicious. It spreads lovely.

2 Comments:

At 11/24/2004 11:38 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Since it doesn't taste like coffee, I think I still might consider it for Saturday's dessert. I like that you're testing things for me. :)

I'm making my winter squash soup now. I told my boss that I was making a winter squash soup from Epicurious, and he said, "the one with the gruyere croutons?". Ha. He said it's amazingly good. Exactly what you said.

 
At 11/25/2004 6:46 AM, Blogger Amy said...

I used Callebaut semi-sweet for both the cake and ganache. I love this cake. We all did. It's beautiful and it's so rich and yummy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home