.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Birthday Dinner

Gary's 50th birthday was yesterday, but we are celebrating all week. His parents, sister and family, cousins and aunt are all here.

A few weeks ago, I made and froze 3 pans of lasagne. My experience with lasagne is that it always takes longer to heat than I think it will. So I put this in the oven long before I wanted it hot. And waited. And waited. And waited. Gary says it was because I was cooking all 3 pans at once. Whatever. It stressed me out.

The garlic bread was a HUGE hit. I love it when people like my food.
  • Lasagne: Make 3, Freeze 2 (Fine Cooking #44, pp. 34-37)
  • Sourdough bread with Sauteed Garlic Butter (Fine Cooking #43, p. 49)
  • Mixed Greens with Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette

2 Comments:

At 11/24/2004 11:35 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Did you like the lasangne? I'm glad everyone liked your dinner, you worked hard on it!

How could you not like that garlic bread? I could eat a whole loaf.

 
At 11/25/2004 6:43 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Yes, I thought the lasagne was excellent!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home