.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Baked Pasta

This is from an article about cooking without recipes, called "Hearty Baked Pasta". It gives guidelines for main ingredients, choices for liquids, seasoning and basic instructions. At the end, the author gives some of his favorite combinations.

My end result was good, but not good enough that I'd make it again. I used the upper limit of seasonings, but it's missing something. I even added onion and garlic to the basic recipe. I have to admit though, the cheeses are awesome. But then again, what's not to love about part-gooey, part-crispy cheese?
  • Baked Penne with Tomato, Rosemary & Three Cheeses (Fine Cooking #69, p. 68)
  • Sourdough bread with Sauteed Garlic Butter (Fine Cooking #43, p. 49)
  • David Coffaro 2000 Zinfandel, Dry Creek Valley

2 Comments:

At 12/15/2004 11:48 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

I thought this one sounded really good. I mean, what more do you need besides cheese and pasta? Maybe spicy Italian sausage?

 
At 12/16/2004 1:29 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Maybe it's fine as is. Gary sure seemed to think so. I wonder if it's just that I can still taste that yummy lasagne from a couple of weeks ago?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home