.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Olives & Goat Cheese

Another recipe from a back issue of Fine Cooking!!! This is a Joanne Weir recipe. I generally like her recipes, but don't think she goes into enough detail. For example, my advice would be to turn the heat down after you turn the chicken. So I did.

I think I prefer the technique for the roulades in Fine Cooking #62, which is goofy, because these are actually a little easier. Eh. Maybe I need to think about it more. They're both good. Just different. I mean, come on. Chicken stuffed with goat cheese? Please. Of course it's good.

For pete's sake. When I bought enough haricots verts for 12 people at Christmas they were $4.99/lb or some such ridiculous price! Today they were $2.99/lb and I was only buying enough for two people.

Love the wine.
  • Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Olives & Goat Cheese (Fine Cooking #26, p. 90)
  • Haricots Verts
  • 2004 Kim Crawford Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc (New Zealand)

4 Comments:

At 12/30/2004 8:36 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Larry doesn't really like olives, so I probably won't make these. The roulades are so dang good.

I paid $7 for a head of cauliflower today.

 
At 12/30/2004 8:38 PM, Blogger Amy said...

It says you can substitute sundried tomatoes. At least try it, so you can compare technique.

 
At 12/30/2004 8:40 PM, Blogger Amy said...

I paid $7 for a head of cauliflower today.Silver, gold, or platinum?

 
At 1/01/2005 2:35 AM, Blogger Sheri said...

At $7/head, you would think it was platinum cauliflower. It was good, though.

Good idea about using sun-dried tomatoes instead of olives! Now I must try it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home