.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Pork Medallions

Obviously the reason I clipped the recipe is that I thought it sounded good. But as I was cooking it, I started getting less and less enthusiastic about it. I wish I had pounded the medallions and my first few tastes of the sauce disappointed me. Alas, the finishing touch is scraping up the fond and adding the chives and the tarragon. Made all the difference in the world.

The roasted fennel and shallots were good, but I would have finished it by roasting the blanched beans during the last stir.

I made the soup in December and froze some of it. When I first made it, I used my immersion blender and it wasn't as smooth as I wanted it. This time, pureed it in the blender-blender and thought it was wonderful.

Did Sheri give this wine to us? It was a very nice match with dinner.
[edit: Later, I read a comment on epicurious suggesting to puree 1/2 of the mustard-chive sauce. I think that would be a very good idea.]

1 Comments:

At 1/04/2005 10:35 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Mmmm, pork medallions. Everything is better with fond.

The roasted fennel and shallots would be excellent without the haricots verts. :)

I may have given you that wine. David Bruce is local (Santa Cruz Mountains), and we used to belong to the wine club. Excellent Pinots.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home