.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Mole Party

My dear friend Sheri suggested that we make mole together. Sounded fun to me. I thought we should have a party and invite Sheri's Live Journal friends from Austin, most of whom she hasn't met in person.

Alas, how little I knew about the mole-making process. This is not a meal to be undertaken by the solo cook or the faint of heart. Meticulous notes and step-by-step photographs can be found on Pork Cracklins.

However time-consuming it may have been, those were hours spent with Sheri that I will cherish for the rest of my life. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. Being able to share the end result with good friends made it even more rewarding. A special meal with special people: Sheri, Gary, Shayla, Jay & Julia, Cam, Ginny & Jack, Patricia, Adam, Vicki, Cheryl, Richelle & Cary, and Julie.
  • Mole Poblano (Fine Cooking #23, p. 60-65)
  • Arroz Verde (Fine Cooking #35, p. 45)
  • Black Beans
  • Tortillas
  • Chips, Guacamole & Salsa
  • Margaritas
  • Cinnamon-Hot Fudge sundaes

1 Comments:

At 1/24/2005 1:53 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

I'm so glad I got to fulfil my dream of making mole with you. I'll never forget, either. It was so much fun, and the party was a total blast.

Now I miss you. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home