.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Cookie Update

I baked 3 cookies from the frozen dough. I think they look prettier; they seem to hold their shape better. However, that could also mean that yesterday after I chilled the dough, I let it get too warm before I actually baked them.

I baked the frozen dough for 11 minutes, rotating the pan after 8. They looked done, but the inside was too gooey. Back into the oven for 2 minutes. At first I thought they may still have been bit underdone. But as they cooled, I think I've decided that they're just nice and chewy. Still figuring this part out, apparently. I may try thawing some next time.

These are for Jay & Julia. I ate the 3rd one. Scientific research, you understand.

3 Comments:

At 1/30/2005 11:49 AM, Blogger Sheri said...

I think frozen dough, maybe slightly thawed, would make really nicely textured cookies. Did you use any nuts? I like my chocolate chip cookies with big hunks of walnut!

 
At 1/30/2005 1:01 PM, Blogger Amy said...

ew, I don't like nuts in them. Icky-poo.

 
At 2/01/2005 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe a genetic thing? I always wondered why people mess up good cookies by putting walnuts in them...

-David

 

Post a Comment

<< Home