.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

I wanted a meal I could cook on Wednesday to eat on Thursday. Then I had to find a recipe. I always say I don't cook enough out of this book, considering how much I love it. So now's the time.

Funny, it turned rainy and cold, so soup was a good choice. This recipe is nice. Nothing fancy-schmancy, just comforting Cream of Tomato Soup.

I would have never looked twice at this bread, except that a couple of months ago, there was a demo station at Central Market where the lady was making these sandwiches. Of course I had to try one and YUM! they are delicious. I've made them several times since then.
  • Cream of Tomato Soup (Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone, Deborah Madison, p. 217)
  • Grilled Wisconsin Mammoth Cheddar on CM Rosemary, Cheddar, Buckwheat Onion Bread

4 Comments:

At 1/27/2005 11:11 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Sounds like a wonderful meal to me. It would be perfect here tonight, because it's rainy and cold here too.

Good Eats and Zin was underwhelming tonight. Definitely glad we had free tickets. But there was an amazing butternut squash orzo with crispy serrano ham - I instantly thought of you. It had sage in it. So creamy and good. Our hotel is funky and walking distance to Fort Mason... and we have free wireless Internet! What could be better?

 
At 1/28/2005 2:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made soup on Wednesday, too -- Roasted Butternut Squash. It was GOOD!
--Kelly

 
At 1/28/2005 7:05 AM, Blogger Amy said...

I LOVE roasted butternut squash soup! Which recipe did you use?

 
At 1/28/2005 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/1181 I made some changes (I usually read the reviews and see what other people suggest.) I added roasted garlic and onion; a tiny bit of cumin and red pepper; and used 2% milk instead of nonfat. It turned out great. I'm really enjoying getting more into cooking. It's nice to have the time and someone to cook for.
--Kelly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home