.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Monday, January 31, 2005

Roasted Chicken

Giving the Zuni method a try on my own, without Sheri to coach me. This time I used sage. I love this method for roasting chicken. It is so moist! The delicate sage flavor was really, really good.

These are my favorite green beans in the whole world. Slender and crisp-tender. I blanch them for 4 minutes and then immediately put them in ice water. Dry them off and they can be parked until dinner time. Then, right before eating, I give them a quick saute in tarragon butter and add salt and black pepper.

For the butternut squash, I just slice it into moons and toss it with some olive oil, salt and pepper. I let it roast part way, then add some whole garlic cloves. I like the super-caramelized pieces (bottom right corner) and there weren't enough of those!!
  • Sage Roasted Chicken
  • Haricots verts with tarragon butter
  • Roasted garlic and butternut squash


2 Comments:

At 1/31/2005 10:07 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Your chicken looks PERFECT! I've been craving roast chicken again. And even though I don't like green beans, the colors of those and the squash are really vibrant. Love the photos. Did the dinner go over well?

 
At 2/07/2005 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheri and others, I can vouch for this dinner. It was very tasty and presented well. My Lizzie's cuisine is extraordinary. I am so proud of her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home