.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Friday, January 27, 2006

Apple Walnut Crostatas



A while back, Anna mentioned a book that intrigued me. Small Batch Baking by Debby Maugans Nakos is geared toward people who are baking for one to three people, which sounded perfect for me. There are recipes for small cakes, 6 or 8 cookies at a time, a couple of biscuits or muffins, and so on.

I have several recipes marked to try, but started with Apple Walnut Crostatas. Last summer, I made a similar Rustic Fruit Tart using a Fine Cooking recipe and Gary & I both loved it. I'm not going to pretend that I like this walnut crust as much as I like the Fine Cooking crust, but it's definitely not bad!

Besides, having two darling little six-inch tarts in my kitchen makes me happy.

3 Comments:

At 1/30/2006 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks delicious! Any dessert with apples is yummy for me but the combo of apples and walnuts ... yum!

 
At 1/31/2006 4:58 AM, Blogger Amy said...

thanks, Ivonne!

 
At 2/01/2006 11:29 AM, Blogger Cookie Madness said...

Those are adorable! I rarely make fruit desserts, but I may have to give those a try.

Speaking of that book, I keep meaning to make her rosemary focaccia. I may do it today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home